2011 Year-End Meme

And when is there time to remember, to sift, to weigh, to estimate, to total?
~ Tillie Olsen


The objective of this meme is to reflect back upon the year. Flip through your blog and look at the very first entry for each month. Take the first sentence from that entry. Cluster them into a single post (as seen below) and tag other friends so that they might do the same.

I've done this several years in a row now, often tagging friends' blogs and encouraging them to do the same. I think Facebook and other social sites have replaced the home blogger. It's a pity.





January 1, 2011
A new year has arrived.

February 8, 2011
The stark grey sky outside my living room window is silhouetted by moisture-blacked branches; both blizzards have bypassed us, leaving only ice and freezing rain in their wake.

March 4, 2011
The Knocking Thrush is my "nature blog" and contains posts regarding my nature and garden exploits, and can be found at http://thrush.blogspot.com.

April 12, 2011
An online friend (and my favorite hero) started blogging: Journey of My Heart.

May 29, 2011
One of my old friends (whom I am currently very angry with) has a fluid way of retelling his adventures.

June 29, 2011
Obviously, I haven’t visited here in a while; Facebook usurped every joule of my lingering blogging energies.

July 1, 2011
My birthday began at 2 AM – the Meowing Menace of Pembroke took it upon herself to herald in the new day by prowling the halls and bedroom, moaning and grinding against the bed like a feverish crack whore in need of a fix.

August 11, 2011
What a summer!

Sept 2011
(None)

October 8, 2011
A composer-based photography challenge!

November 10, 2011
I don’t have pet peeves. I have whole kennels of irritation. I bring it upon myself, of course, by adopting them, feeding them and taking them for walks.

December 22, 2011
Better Half and I visited Phipps this evening and enjoyed the Candlelight Evening and Winter Flower Show.

- fin -

0 responded with...: