Ascender Rises Above

It has been quite some time since I have offered a link to another's blog. I will correct that oversight today. Please take a moment to visit Ascender (http://www.ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress/) and browse through the vibrant images offered there.

In tribute to this talented artist, I offer you the following (photo taken from my window last spring):


Tree at My Window
by Robert Frost

Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on;
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.
Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound.
But tree, I have seen you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.
That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.

2 responded with...:

Anonymous said...

awww; thanks so much for this! (blush)
I don't know why I was thinking it looking at the tree and reading the poem; but last week I was watching Stephen Spielberg on a show talking about the movie Poltergeist (which Spielberg directed)... Well; in the show they interviewed his sister who talked about what a prankster he was as a child, how he was always trying to scare them. In Poltergeist there is a tree outside the window which comes alive; his sister said how in real life Spielberg was terrified of the tree - especially when it stormed. I couldn't help but ponder what Spielberg and Frost might say about the thing they have in common; a tree that watches them in their sleep! To Frost it was a comfort, it seems?

Thanks again for the mention. :)

Annie Jeffries said...

Toni, Ascender's site deserves much praise. Very glad you noted her here.