Prayer for Cure

Dear God,

I pray for the cure of cancer.
Amen


My prayers are for my Aunt Helen, who has terminal cancer and is in hospice. This is also in memory of my cousin Frank, who died from bone cancer.

Annie has this posted and asked that we keep it in circulation by posting on our own blogs. It is meant to be placed in memory of anyone we know that has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it. Please post it on your own blog.

I would like to add to it:

A PRAYER FOR THE CANCER PATIENT
Dear Father,

I now have developed a disease which I have often feared. I am afraid. I am lonely. Questions seem to crowd my mind: Will I be cured? Will there be pain? How long will I live? How will my family handle this? I ask with all my heart that I be healed. But, if my healing is not in Your great plan, I trust You to be with me through it all. I trust You to give me peace, to let me live with hope, to relieve any pain, and to let me know Your presence. I trust You to bring my loved ones close to me during this illness, that we might support each other, and that Your great hands might support us all. I pray that from now on, whether sick or well, I will live each day as if it were eternal, and trust my eternity to You.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2 Dr. Alva Weir, III Oncology

2 responded with...:

Annie Jeffries said...

Thank you for posting this Toni and for adding the extra prayer. My friend, B, had a left side mastectomy on Wednesday. She is home today. I'm amazed at how quickly she was released from the hospital. The prognosis seems very good that it has not spread.

laila said...

Nice post thanks for sharing.